Wednesdays 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Asbury United Methodist Church
6767 South Mingo Road
Tulsa, OK, 74133
What is Perspectives?
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement is a fifteen-week course designed to highlight different aspects of God’s global purpose through the following four “perspectives”:
- Biblical: Experience God’s unchanging promises as they unfold from Genesis to Revelation.
- Historical: Walk in the shoes of believers who have paved the way to thread us all into God’s story.
- Cultural: See expressions of the New Testament church thriving among every nation, tribe, people, and language.
- Strategic: Each year The Journey supports members to attend this important training to discover how you can be woven into God's purposes for the world.
How much does it cost?
The first two weeks are always free and you don’t have to commit until you check it out. Childcare will be provided.
The cost is $270 for Key Reading/Certificate or $500 for College Credit. We know that’s a lot of money, but we believe it’s totally worth it and once you’ve taken the course you will agree.
- Scholarship Program - If you cannot cover the cost, The Journey will cover half. For this half scholarship contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebate Program - Once you’ve completed the course and if you paid out of your own pocket, The Journey will reimburse you with a rebate of 75% of the cost of the course.
The Journey believes greatly in Perspectives, and we’re putting our money where our mouth is to support you in taking it!
How is Journey connected to Perspectives?
- Many Journey members have taken Perspectives course.
- We also have several of our members on this year’s coordinating team including Veronica Montoya, Cory Legg & Beth West.
- Taking the Perspectives course is one of the “next steps” toward the Journey vision where all people become missionaries.
- Perspectives trains people to be effective potential missionaries who literally go into the world and preach good news.
- Every Journey member is expected to consider and go to this course as a later next step in the discipleship maturity.
Why should I take the Perspectives course?
- You should go because we all want purpose in our lives!
- Our individual purposes, however, are not as important as God's purposes.
- The Journey seeks to help you find your place in God's purposes and mission.