ISLAMOPHOBIA: A CHRISTIAN RESPONSE
Dr. John Barton will be at The Journey Saturday May 21, 9 AM - 12 PM for two sessions drawing from John's experiences in Christian-Muslim dialogues in the United States and in places such as Turkey and Uganda. The public, people of all religions, are welcome.
Please RSVP to email@example.com so we can plan for food. We will have a break between sessions for coffee, snacks, and light lunch following the sessions to encourage people of all faiths to interact and converse about both unique and common elements of our faiths.
Sunday May 22, Dr. John Barton will speak at 9:30 am, continuing on the theme of a Christian response to Islam in our world today. His wife, Sara Barton, chaplain at Pepperdine University, will be preaching at The Journey worship service, 10:45 am.
Begins Wednesday May 25th! Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Typically run over eleven weeks, each session looks at a different question that people can have about faith and is designed to create conversation. It’s just an open, informal and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Join us Wednesdays this summer May 25-Aug 3 6-8pm at The Outpost.
If you have just graduated from High School or College (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate), we would love to celebrate your accomplishment! Please email Nate Donley by May 30th, a high quality photo of yourself, very brief info on where you graduated from, what your degree is in, and your plans moving forward. Graduation Sunday will be on June 5th.
- Sunday, May 15th's Lesson: “Blind Bartimaeus” Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43
- Day Camp volunteer forms are available at the Welcome Desk
- Offering is an important part of our class, help us teach our kids the importance of giving. Feel free to give your child some spare change, so they can be a part of the giving.
- Take a couple of minutes to ask your child what was taught in class, and what the bible verse means to them.
- We need your God given gift of service in the Children's Ministry from 11:05 – 11:45 AM. Any questions, contact Bartola!
JOURNEY YOUTH GROUP (JYG)
We are going to be fundraising for our summer events, mostly Camp Genesis and the STL Mission Trip. The youth group will be hosting an envelope fundraiser from May 1st-June 5th. There are 100 envelopes with a number on them. If you take an envelope, then you are committing to donating at least the amount that the envelope represents. Example: If you take envelope number 42, then you are committing to donate at least $42 to the youth groups summer events. Also, if you take more then one envelope, you would just add them all together and donate at least that amount. If you took envelope #99 and envelope #1, you would be committing to donate at least $100. For more information please see Nate Donley.
- Camp Genesis 6/12 - 6/17 @ Oklahoma Christian University (8th -12th grades) $180
- STL Mission Trip 7/8 - 7/16 @ North City Church of Christ (High School Only)
- Sunset Bible Camp 7/25 - 7/29 in Manford, OK (6th - 12th grades) $150
COMFORT & CARE MINISTRY
Want to help care for someone in need? Can you double your dinner recipe to take to someone who just had surgery? Can you help transport a meal for someone? Can you donate a few dollars to cover costs for a funeral meal? Can you write an encouraging note? There are MANY ways you can get involved in this ministry to those who are sick or just in need of a little extra help. We are having an informational meeting This Sunday, May 15th for 30 minutes immediately after service. Please contact Beth West or Donna Dickmann if you have any questions.
CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED
Please bring new underwear for boys and girls, sizes 0 – 8 & disposable baby diapers. We will be giving to those in need May 25th at the Journey Outpost. Contact Patty Garren with questions.